I heard financial planning is complicated: what's involved?
The Financial Planning Process is not complicated but it requires a good deal of commitment and thoroughness. The process follows these six steps to help you plan for your goals:
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship.
- Gathering client data, including goals.
- Analyzing and evaluating your financial status.
- Developing and presenting financial planning recommendations and/or alternatives.
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations.
- Monitoring the financial planning recommendations.